When it comes to campaigning for conservation, the more voices we have, the more easily we will be heard.
That’s why Forest & Bird as New Zealand’s largest independent conservation group has been so successful in seeking better decisions for conservation by our politicians and decision-makers.
You can help by adding your voice to the conservation cause. There are a variety of ways that you can make yourself heard.
- Sign up to our e-alerts and e-news to take part in our petitions and campaigns.
- Become an e-campaigner. Start a facebook page expressing your opinion about a conservation topic and invite your friends to become involved in your cause. Or sign up to become our facebook fan, and post your thoughts and photos on our page.
- Visit our blog and make yourself heard by contributing to our online discussions.
- Learn about the Resource Management Act, which is the law that covers sustainable management of our natural and physical resources.
- Learn how to make a submission to your local or regional council. To see some examples of our submissions, see here.
- Make yourself heard through the media by issuing a press release, calling a reporter at your local newspaper or radio station about an issue, or writing a letter to the editor for publication.
- Contact your local Forest & Bird conservation officer or branch to tell them about an environmental issue in your area.
- Write to your local MP or arrange to meet them to discuss a conservation issue.