Forest & Bird is the preeminent nature conservation charity in New Zealand and has been working to protect our unique native fauna and flora for almost a century.
Across the country, we are involved in the protection of some of our country’s most stunning and fragile areas which are home to iconic species. Without Forest & Bird these unique and important areas would be lost for future generations.
Sponsoring Forest & Bird brings many benefits both to your organisation and to the many conservation projects Forest & Bird manages. You will be helping maximise the effectiveness of our campaigns and create awareness that we simply couldn’t do on our own. You will be supporting our volunteers as they deliver vital conservation projects across New Zealand.
The challenges we face as we work to protect our beautiful, fragile land are immense but together we can ensure that future generations have the opportunity to enjoy the unique fauna and flora of Aotearoa. Together we can make a difference.
Through a mutually beneficial sponsorship agreement we are looking not only for financial support, but opportunities to increase our membership, promote our campaigns and increase our income through new opportunities.
Join with us and help save New Zealand's unique natural environment for future generations.
Why support Forest & Bird?
Forest & Bird is internationally recognised as a leading conservation charity and an iconic Kiwi brand for the better part of a century. We have been a consistent voice of science-based advocacy and are respected amongst a wide range of stakeholders. We have over 3,000 active volunteers managing our own native reserves in addition to those on public land. We own over 1,400 hectares of native bush and 8 lodges.
Aligning your brand with Forest & Bird reflects your organisation’s shared commitment to the protection of our unique fauna and flora. It speaks to your desire to be a socially responsible corporate citizen.
82% of New Zealanders say they would be more likely to buy products or services from a company that supports a worthy cause
72% of employees working for a company involved in cause activities have a strong feeling of loyalty for that company
Source Good is Gold Stillwater/AC Nielsen Cause Related Marketing Report
Benefits of support
• You will be partnering with New Zealand’s leading conservation organisation
• You will be seen to support a cause that resonates with many New Zealanders
• You will be demonstrating good corporate social responsibility
• You will create consumer awareness for your company
• You have an opportunity to increase market share through partnership
• You will increase staff pride and loyalty
• You will have the opportunity to speak directly to our 70,000 supporters
• You will have the opportunity to engage staff in rewarding practical volunteering activities
• You will have the ability to develop co-branded products and activities
• Your support will make a tangible and enduring positive impact on the native fauna and flora of New Zealand
• Forest & Bird has the ability to develop a bespoke sponsorship package to meet your specific requirements
A Forest & Bird sponsorship package could include promotion through various media including:
• The award winning* quarterly Forest & Bird magazine sent to our members with a readership of over 40,000 and a wider audience of approximately 190,000 individuals
• The Forest & Bird website with over 15,000 unique visitors per month
• Kiwi Conservation Club (KCC) magazine - our publication for junior members of Forest & Bird with a distribution of over 6,000 young people and their families
• Kiwi Conservation Club website with more than 20,000 unique visitors per month
• Exposure to our supporter base of over 80,000 Forest & Bird constituents
• Exposure via Forest & Birds social media channels
• Branding opportunities
• A tailor-made package to suit your organisation
Forest & Bird Funding
We are a not-for-profit registered charity. Our work is funded by:
For all sponsorship enquiries please contact:
Dave Bellamy - Development Manager
Royal Forest and Bird Protection Society of New Zealand Inc.
PO Box 631 . Wellington 6140 . New Zealand