Supporter Relationships Coordinator
Forest & Bird is New Zealand’s leading independent conservation organisation — protecting wildlife and wild places, on land and in the sea. We are the voice for nature in our communities, to our city and district councils, to our regional councils, to central-government, and in our courts. No other organisation does this.
Our shared mission across all teams is to defend and restore nature in New Zealand. Our incredible supporters are at the heart of everything we do. Members, donors, supporters and sponsors are passionate about protecting the wildlife and wild places they love and our mission is to help them achieve this. They give in many ways, from a few hard-earned dollars to appeals or a regular monthly donation to a $100k gift or a multi-million-dollar bequest. By joining the Fundraising & Membership team you commit to go the extra mile to champion and celebrate every contribution they make with the goal of creating meaningful relationships that make sure nature will always have a voice.
Due to one of our valued team heading off for a year-long adventure overseas, we have the opportunity for a Supporter Relationships Coordinator to join our team based in Wellington. This role is for a fixed term of one year.
This is a busy and varied role within a friendly and supportive Fundraising team. It would suit someone who is extremely self-motivated, who loves building relationships and thrives on a challenge. You will be the first point of contact for Forest & Bird supporters, providing them with exceptional customer service. It is also a brilliant opportunity to develop your fundraising and relationship management skills. You will be required to provide support to supporters and the team, including:
- Developing and implementing systems and processes to ensure supporters receive a timely response to queries /requests.
- Managing and responding to branch queries for membership information and data requests.
- Managing and developing the Forest & Bird online shop
- Development of engaging communications – both email and DM – to members and shop customers to deepen level of their support or to promote new opportunities to become a member of Forest & Bird.
- Implementing techniques that retain supporters at critical contact points such as complaints and cancellations.
As the successful candidate you will have the following:
- Some experience within a fundraising or highly customer-focused environment.
- Strong relationship skills – you love working with people and can patiently and sensitively interact with and relate to a diverse community of supporters
- A demonstrated ability to work co-operatively and collaboratively.
- An ability to prioritise and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage work using initiative and self-motivation.
- Proficient computer literacy including experience of using a database
In return we offer a great team culture and the opportunity to be part of a friendly and collaborative team that works every day to protect the wildlife and wild places you love.
We’re looking for someone who can hit the ground running, so if the above sounds like you and you want to make a difference, please forward your CV and cover letter by mid-day 23 December 2020 to Group Manager of Fundraising & Membership, Jess Winchester firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisting will take place as applications arrive. Candidates selected for interview must be available 15 January 2021.