Finance Manager – Wellington based
- 13 month Fixed Term Parental Leave cover role from 2nd December 2019
- Variety, challenge, and a superb opportunity to lead in a national finance role
- Chartered Accountant qualification + min 5 years PQE
- Join a fun, professional Finance team in New Zealand’s leading independent conservation organisation
Forest & Bird began back in 1923. Since then we have been advocating and speaking out for nature on land, in the sea, and achieving community-based projects throughout New Zealand via our extensive network of volunteer branches.
This role is an integral part of the Corporate Services team, providing reliable, consistent and high quality Finance and Business advice to primarily internal customers, the Board, and branches. You’ll report directly to the GM Corporate Services, and oversee the work of the Assistant Accountant.
With December as our year-end, you’ll start your first major project as soon as you arrive with the consolidation of the society’s results and managing the year end audit process for the 2019 year. Following that there are a number of key pieces of work that you’ll lead. Working to tight deadlines won’t phase you.
Ideally, you will have experience implementing new accounting software including user acceptance testing (and providing training), using your CA knowledge and experience to manage mid-year budget reforecasting, compiling a 3-year budget for the national office, managing the reporting of the Statement of Service Performance, and assisting in the development of a 10-year plan.
You’ll bring with you most if not all of the following:
- A genuine passion for finance and for continuous improvement in the finance area.
- Proven experience that your referees will attest to in relation to finance management and financial reporting.
- Being relatable and having great communication skills – you’ll be interacting with a wide range of stakeholders, branch treasurers, and non-financial folk.
- A background of experience in the non-for-profit sector.
You’ll thrive here if you have a genuine interest in the environment, have a flexible approach to your working day, and have the kind of work ethic where you can knuckle down at times and blend that with the odd Burger Welly team outing.
Our team culture reflects our values – Courage, Professionalism, and Collaboration. We have secure bike racks, showers, a casual dress code, and a social environment. Our location just one block off Cuba St, also means you are never short of great lunch options, and public transport is a stone’s throw from our front door.
A copy of the Job Description is available on request. To apply, please send you CV and cover letter addressed to Julie Watson, GM Corporate Services, Forest & Bird at email@example.com by 5pm, Monday 16th September.
PLEASE NOTE: We will only shortlist candidates who have a current legal right to work in New Zealand. Regrettably we are unable to consider you if you do not have this organised.