Taupō Branch has around 170 members and covers an area that encompasses Turangi to the south, Atiamuri to north and the Taumaranui area in the west.
The branch organises an activity each month: talks by experts, field trips or weeding sessions. The committee frequently makes submissions of local and national matters.
- Water quality of Lake Taupō and its catchment.
- Revegetation relating to water quality and biodiversity enhancement.
- Weed control at Whakaipo bay where DoC and friends have been planting natives for more than 20 years.
- Support for Waipahihi Botanical Reserve.
- Support for Project Tongariro and Greening Taupo.
Feel free to get in touch and come along to a meeting or an outing. We'd be delighted if you would join us.