Would you like to support New Zealand’s leading independent voice for nature?
Do you prefer supporting nature from an office/indoor environment?
Are you available for approximately 10 to 15 hours per week?
If so, Forest & Bird would love to hear from you!
Forest & Bird is New Zealand’s leading independent voice for nature. Our aim is to protect and restore New Zealand’s unique wildlife and wild places, and we have a passionate base of supporters who we rely on for funding to complete this critical work.
We are looking for an e-commerce and fulfilment volunteer to help us fulfil orders that come through our growing online shop. Our busiest period is late August through to early December, and this is when we need extra support to ensure we continue to provide excellent service.
A typical week would see you:
- Pack calendars and diaries ready to send all over the country
- Update online shop order notes once the packages have been prepared
- Add data to a postage tracking sheet (in Excel)
- Lifting, shifting, and opening boxes, and breaking them down for recycling when needed (you will need a reasonable level of fitness)
- Complete these tasks in-office between the hours of 10am and 3pm, excluding Wednesdays and weekends.
You would be operating from our head office in Wellington, near the Cuba precinct, reporting to our Supporter Relationships Coordinator and will be a welcome extension to our supportive and driven Fundraising & Membership Team. Because of the nature of these tasks, it is not possible to complete them remotely.
We would love if you could bring with you:
- Great attention to detail
- Familiarity with Excel (basic functions)
- The ability and willingness to complete repetitive work
To volunteer for Forest & Bird you will need to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 (this includes being up to date with Covid-19 vaccine boosters at the frequency recommended by the Ministry of Health) and will be required to wear a mask in the office.
If this interests you, please get in touch with us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and include ‘E-commerce and fulfilment volunteer role’ in the subject header, and include in the email:
- Your full name
- The best number to contact you on
- Your preferred hours (if you have specific requirements)
- The earliest date you could start
We will be in touch with you ASAP and will be carrying out informal, friendly interviews to make sure this volunteer role is the right fit for you.