The JS Watson Trust is administered by Forest & Bird. Unfortunately we will not be accepting any applications this year.
Criteria for Assistance
- The conservation of plants and animals and natural features of New Zealand.
- The advancement of knowledge in these matters by way of research, literary contribution, essay or articles, or other effort.
- General education of the public to give them an understanding and love of the world in which they live.
Please note the following:
- For restoration projects, the Trust will fund projects usually to a limit of $5,000 for the first application, and accept a second application with no guarantee that it will be funded. After two years the applicant should not expect further funding from this Trust, unless special circumstances apply.
- The Trust does not fund conference attendance or thesis production.
- Because of limited funds, the Trust normally funds less than 30% of the applications received with many deserving applications being unsuccessful.
- Applications in which travel costs are the major item will be given a lower priority by the Selection Committee.
- The Trust does not fund research carried out by staff of Government departments or Research Institutes.
Individual applications should be limited to a maximum of $5,000.
We will not be accepting any applications this year.