Dear Ministers Twyford and Robertson,
Over the next few days you will be deciding what shovel ready and Provincial Growth Fund projects to support. Evidence shows that a green stimulus delivers more jobs, faster and with greater economic multipliers than more traditional stimulus. If you want to deliver the best bang for buck you will deliver a green stimulus.
Please choose to fund projects that:
- reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- build resilience to climate change impacts
- protect and maintain important native species
- improve water quality
- enhance the sustainability of the marine environment and fisheries
- reduce waste and promote a circular economy.
If projects could increase greenhouse gas emissions or harm nature, please don’t fund them.
I look forward to hearing your announcement of a green stimulus in the coming days.