Forest & Bird is a voice for New Zealand wildlife and wild places, and has been for over 90 years. We are an independent society that both campaigns for the protection of our natural history and co-ordinates community-based restoration projects.
We are seeking a conservation advocate to help develop and implement our climate change and terrestrial biodiversity protection campaigns. Based in Wellington, you will work within our Campaigns and Advocacy team, and closely with our Regional Conservation & Volunteer Managers and our Communications team. You will be expected to work with other staff to develop and implement campaign strategies to engage media, decision makers, our members and the public.
To be successful in the role you will have:
• A Broad background in conservation with an interest in climate change and terrestrial biodiversity protection.
• Proven experience in campaigns and advocacy.
• Good political awareness and judgement.
• A background of working with the media.
• A relevant tertiary qualification or related professional experience (minimum 5 years).
• Proven ability to work to deadlines and multi-task as part of a flexible team.
• Positive interpersonal skills to work with colleagues, decision makers and people at all levels and backgrounds in the community.
Forest & Bird gives you the chance to work for New Zealand’s nature and ensure that our voice for nature continues to be heard.
If this sounds like you, apply now by sending a Cover letter, your CV and a completed application form to Susan James via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 6th April 2015.
For role specific queries, please contact Kevin Hackwell (04) 801 2215 or email@example.com.
An exciting opportunity working in conservation has now arisen. We are looking for enthusiastic, passionate people wanting to represent Forest & Bird; a well-regarded and long serving conservation organisation in New Zealand.
You will be part of a dynamic face to face sales team promoting conservation awareness resulting in securing long term regular givers to our society, to help fund our national and local conservation projects and campaigns, and advocating for the protection of New Zealand’s natural environment.
To do well in this role you will have the following skill set:
- Be well presented, personable, enthusiastic and outgoing
- Great customer service skills or sales experience would be beneficial
- Goal orientated and a drive to succeed
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- A personal interest or affiliation with the natural environment
Benefits for the successful person include:
- Entry level role – full training provided
- Lots of variety in where you work each week – street, residential and at events such as trade fairs
- A chance to learn new skills in sales and recruitment – perfect for someone looking for a career change or wanting to break into sales
- Opportunities exist to advance - to become a team leader and beyond
- Feel rewarded in your job by being part of a wonderful cause
- Work in either Auckland or Wellington.
If this sounds like something you would love to become a part of, we are keen to hear from you. To enquire about the role and/or to make an appointment please contact Kylee Hyslop at firstname.lastname@example.org or 04 815 9177.
Please note that you will be representing Forest & Bird and your employer will be Aida Sales.