Forest & Bird has been a voice for New Zealand wildlife and wild places for over 90 years. We are an independent incorporated society that campaigns for the protection of our natural history and co-ordinates community-based restoration projects.
We are seeking a Liaison Officer who has knowledge and experience of seabirds and recreational fishing to work with our Campaigns and Advocacy Seabird Advocate to provide information, advice and support to recreational charter boat operators on how to manage and prevent fishing interactions with seabirds.The role will be responsible for developing seabird by catch prevention protocols building on existing ideas developed by F&B and Southern Seabirds Solutions and developing resources and effective methods for provision of advice and support to Charter boat operators. This role will also be responsible for developing messaging and advice to recreational fishers generally. The position will be a half time contract role (0.5FTE) for 1 year.
The successful candidate will have:
- Positive interpersonal skills and the ability to work with colleagues and relate to people at all levels and all backgrounds in the community.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and execute public presentations.
- Drivers licence and own car
- Personal organisation and self-discipline.
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and other common office software.
- Ability to work as part of and contribute to multi-disciplinary teams.
- Good knowledge of NZ Seabirds
- Reasonable knowledge of fishing in NZ
- Ability to relate to and influence recreational fishers and boaties
- An understanding and knowledge of conservation and related issues.
Forest & Bird gives you the chance to work for New Zealand’s nature. If this sounds like you, apply now via the link below.
A position description and application form are available from www.forestandbird.org.nz or for specific questions about this position please contact Karen Baird (09) 422 6868, or firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 5pm, 15th March 2015.
An exciting opportunity working in conservation has now arisen. We are looking for enthusiastic, passionate people wanting to represent Forest & Bird; a well-regarded and long serving conservation organisation in New Zealand.
You will be part of a dynamic face to face sales team promoting conservation awareness resulting in securing long term regular givers to our society, to help fund our national and local conservation projects and campaigns, and advocating for the protection of New Zealand’s natural environment.
To do well in this role you will have the following skill set:
- Be well presented, personable, enthusiastic and outgoing
- Great customer service skills or sales experience would be beneficial
- Goal orientated and a drive to succeed
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- A personal interest or affiliation with the natural environment
Benefits for the successful person include:
- Entry level role – full training provided
- Lots of variety in where you work each week – street, residential and at events such as trade fairs
- A chance to learn new skills in sales and recruitment – perfect for someone looking for a career change or wanting to break into sales
- Opportunities exist to advance - to become a team leader and beyond
- Feel rewarded in your job by being part of a wonderful cause
- Work in either Auckland or Wellington.
If this sounds like something you would love to become a part of, we are keen to hear from you. To enquire about the role and/or to make an appointment please contact Kylee Hyslop at email@example.com or 04 815 9177.
Please note that you will be representing Forest & Bird and your employer will be Aida Sales.