- Region-focussed role as part of a national team
- Leading environmental NGO in New Zealand
- Lower North Island location
Forest & Bird is New Zealand’s leading membership-based, national conversation organisation with 50 branches, 70,000 members and supporters and approximately 2,000 volunteers. They have a proud history spanning over 90 years of speaking out for and supporting nature conservation throughout Aotearoa New Zealand.
Reporting to the Group Manager, Conservation & Volunteers (based in Christchurch), the Regional Conservation & Volunteer Manager is part of a nationwide team that is responsible for the delivery of Forest & Bird’s conservation activities throughout each region. The Lower North Island territory covers Hawkes Bay, Wellington, Manawatu-Whanganui and Taranaki.
You will be focused on working with and integrating the contribution of Forest & Bird’s volunteers (including the 14 branches in your region) into three core areas; conservation advocacy (seeking better outcomes for indigenous biodiversity through community engagement, plans and consents, and the media); conservation campaigns (as a member of national campaign teams), and practical conservation projects.
You will have the ability to develop and foster relationships with senior stakeholders within the Department of Conservation, iwi and hapu, local and regional Councils, ENGO’s, and primary industry groups as well as experience dealing with RMA statutory planning processes and other environmental legislation.
In addition, you will support Forest & Bird’s media, communications, membership and fundraising strategies in the region and Forest & Bird’s popular Kiwi Conservation Clubs for children and their families.
This is a hugely varied role that will suit a self-starter with exceptional ‘get up and go’. If you are a leader and an initiator who is highly motivated about the environment, we would love to hear from you.
- A sound working knowledge of and passion for New Zealand’s natural environment and conservation issues
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, plan and complete projects on time and within budget
- Strong political and situational judgement, with experience in dealing with Resource Management Act statutory planning processes and other environmental legislation
- Experience overseeing conservation projects and/or organising and working with volunteers
- The ability to contribute to and lead multi-disciplinary teams
- Positive interpersonal skills and the ability to foster effective relationships at branch and community level
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- High levels of self-motivation and initiative
- A relevant tertiary qualification
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 8 December 2014
Contact: Nikki Walshaw, email, firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 04 472 8988
An exciting opportunity working in conservation has now arisen. We are looking for enthusiastic, passionate people wanting to represent Forest & Bird; a well regarded and long serving conservation organisation in New Zealand.
You will be part of a dynamic face to face sales team promoting conservation awareness resulting in securing long term regular givers to our society, to help fund our national and local conservation projects and campaigns, and advocating for the protection of New Zealand’s natural environment.
To do well in this role you will have the following skill set:
• Be well presented, personable, enthusiastic and outgoing
• Great customer service skills or sales experience would be beneficial
• Goal orientated and a drive to succeed
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• A personal interest or affiliation with the natural environment
Benefits for the successful person include:
• Entry level role – full training provided
• Lots of variety in where you work each week – street, residential and at events such as trade fairs
• A chance to learn new skills in sales and recruitment – perfect for someone looking for a career change or wanting to break into sales
• Opportunities exist to advance - to become a team leader and beyond
• Feel rewarded in your job by being part of a wonderful cause
• Work in either Auckland or Wellington.
If this sounds like something you would love to become a part of, we are keen to hear from you. To enquire about the role and/or to make an appointment please contact Kylee Hyslop at email@example.com or 04 815 9177
Please note that you will be representing Forest & Bird and your employer will be Aida Sales.
If you wish to volunteer for Forest & Bird please visit this page