Kiwi Conservation Club Manager
Lead Forest & Bird’s environmental education for children
• Initiate and deliver environmental education programmes for the Kiwi Conservation Club (KCC)
• Support volunteer leaders and KCC members
• Promote and increase membership of the club
• This is a new permanent position at a senior level
Forest & Bird is looking for a manager to lead our children’s nature conservation education programme, the Kiwi Conservation Club (KCC), into the future. The new position is permanent and based in our Wellington head office.
Forest & Bird is New Zealand’s leading, independent, not-for-profit, conservation organisation. It is the voice of nature throughout New Zealand. KCC is the junior branch of Forest & Bird.
You will help shape the strategic direction of KCC for the next five years and roll out new education programmes and projects. You will oversee existing KCC projects and communications. You will work with the editor, illustrator and art director of Wild Things magazine, which KCC members receive five times a year. You will oversee and contribute to the website. You will also work alongside Forest & Bird’s communications, supporter relations and conservation staff.
Supporting our volunteer KCC co-ordinators and liaising with KCC members is an important part of the job.
You will have experience with environmental education for children, show creativity and initiative, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Completed application form, together with cv and covering letter, should be submitted to S.email@example.com or Forest & Bird, PO Box 631, Wellington 6140.
For questions about the KCC Manager role, please contact Marina Skinner on (04) 801 2761 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5pm on Monday, June 3.
An exciting opportunity working in conservation has now arisen. We are looking for enthusiastic, passionate people wanting to represent Forest & Bird; a well regarded and long serving conservation organisation in New Zealand.
You will be part of a dynamic face to face sales team promoting conservation awareness resulting in securing long term regular givers to our society, to help fund our national and local conservation projects and campaigns, and advocating for the protection of New Zealand’s natural environment.
To do well in this role you will have the following skill set:
• Be well presented, personable, enthusiastic and outgoing
• Great customer service skills or sales experience would be beneficial
• Goal orientated and a drive to succeed
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• A personal interest or affiliation with the natural environment
Benefits for the successful person include:
• Entry level role – full training provided
• Lots of variety in where you work each week – street, residential and at events such as trade fairs
• A chance to learn new skills in sales and recruitment – perfect for someone looking for a career change or wanting to break into sales
• Opportunities exist to advance - to become a team leader and beyond
• Feel rewarded in your job by being part of a wonderful cause
• Work in either Auckland, Wellington or Dunedin
If this sounds like something you would love to become a part of, we are keen to hear from you. Please note that you will be representing Forest & Bird and your employer will be Aida Sales.
To enquire about the role and/or to make an appointment please contact Agnes Lambert at email@example.com or 09 303 1799 for Auckland and Dunedin. For Wellington contact Stephanie Guy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 04 815 91 7
If you wish to volunteer for Forest & Bird please visit this page