Play a key role in protecting New Zealand’s environment and native species at the leading environmental NGO in New Zealand.
Based in central Wellington Forest & Bird is New Zealand’s first and leading nature conservation organisation, with more than 40 permanent staff in six offices and a community network of 50 Branches throughout New Zealand. Founded in 1923, today the Society has over 80,000 members and supporters in and beyond New Zealand.
Forest & Bird’s core business includes campaigns and advocacy on national and local issues, supporting conservation projects from small scale restoration to large scale pest control, promoting nature conservation through digital media and publications and supporting the Branch network. Recent years have seen a strengthening of the organisation’s financial position and significant growth in the scale of its national operations, allowing it to face new and ongoing conservation challenges with confidence.
With the importance of conservation at an all-time high, Forest & Bird is seeking a proven and inspiring leader to build and develop the reputation, capability and scale of the organisation locally, nationally and internationally. You will provide direction in a complex operating environment and key to your success will be your ambitious and collaborative approach to fostering a culture of trust and transparency among staff and the wider Society.
- A sound working knowledge of and passion for New Zealand’s natural environment and conservation issues
- Knowledge and practical experience in managing a significant business • A confident leader with the ability to drive and encourage performance and best practice
- A connector and collaborator with proven success in building and maintaining exceptional stakeholder relationships
- Outstanding communication, negotiation, and advocacy skills in media, public and private contexts
- Strategic with high capability (intellect) and the ability to think laterally
- Consultative and open style with a ‘no surprises’ approach
Phone: 04 499 1069
Forest & Bird is New Zealand’s leading independent national conservation organisation. We have a proud history spanning over 90 years advocating and speaking out for the preservation of nature conservation at a national level and in our communities throughout Aotearoa New Zealand. We are looking for a Marketing Fundraising professional to manage our Direct Marketing programme.
Reporting to the Group Manager Membership and Fundraising, you will be responsible for project managing the development and delivery of direct marketing fundraising campaigns with the aim of optimising fundraising potential and attracting and retaining current and new financial supporters. This role involves a good mix of both strategic and operational fundraising activities including assisting the GM Fundraising & Membership to produce the annual fundraising plan, and collaborating with our Communications and Marketing team to prepare integrated strategies to advance our fundraising opportunities, enhance relationships with donors and maximise our income.
Your achievements in this role will include consistent improvement in response rates, retention, and acquisition whilst always looking to improve the relationship with our donors and supporters. To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following skills and experience:
- A strong fundraising and direct marketing background gained in the not for profit sector (advantageous but not necessary) or a background in developing segmented campaigns with a demonstrated ability to develop and execute powerful fundraising campaigns that engage members of the public;
- A good knowledge of fundraising principles and best practice with the ability to understand motivations for giving;
- Experience of direct marketing approaches and tools, product design and distribution; particularly segmentation strategy, copy strategy and donor management;
- Experience of product development and management would be advantageous and of developing relevant collateral materials for fundraising; and
- Financial and project management skills.
This role provides you the opportunity to make a big impact on the whole organisation by securing the financial security required to progress towards our future strategic direction.
Specific queries about this role should be directed to Mike Kotlyar on (04) 801 2212.
A role description and application form are available below or by contacting Susan James on (04) 803 1022 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
An exciting opportunity working in conservation has now arisen. We are looking for enthusiastic, passionate people wanting to represent Forest & Bird; a well-regarded and long serving conservation organisation in New Zealand.
You will be part of a dynamic face to face sales team promoting conservation awareness resulting in securing long term regular givers to our society, to help fund our national and local conservation projects and campaigns, and advocating for the protection of New Zealand’s natural environment.
To do well in this role you will have the following skill set:
- Be well presented, personable, enthusiastic and outgoing
- Great customer service skills or sales experience would be beneficial
- Goal orientated and a drive to succeed
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- A personal interest or affiliation with the natural environment
Benefits for the successful person include:
- Entry level role – full training provided
- Lots of variety in where you work each week – street, residential and at events such as trade fairs
- A chance to learn new skills in sales and recruitment – perfect for someone looking for a career change or wanting to break into sales
- Opportunities exist to advance - to become a team leader and beyond
- Feel rewarded in your job by being part of a wonderful cause
- Work in either Auckland or Wellington.
If this sounds like something you would love to become a part of, we are keen to hear from you. To enquire about the role and/or to make an appointment please contact Kylee Hyslop at email@example.com or 04 815 9177.
Please note that you will be representing Forest & Bird and your employer will be Aida Sales.