Formats and related files:
Forest & Bird submitted to Auckland Council on the Animal Management Bylaw review. Forest & Bird has for many years had a strong interest and involvement in the greater Auckland area and has a long-standing interest in improving biodiversity and protecting and enhancing landscapes in the region.
The submission includes comments on:
- supporting the inclusion of rules about the feeding of animals on private property to the Animal Management Bylaw
- strongly advocating that controls around cats are included in the Animal Management Bylaw
- proposing a limit of three cats per household
- proposing that microchipping and registering is compulsory
- proposing the compulsory requirement to de-sex cats.