The West Coast Branch covers the region west of the Southern Alps from Karamea to Haast.
There are many areas of ecological significance here including five National Parks: Kahurangi, Paparoa, Arthurs Pass, Westland Tai Poutini, and Mt Aspiring as well as the Te Wāhipounamu South West NZ UNESCO World Heritage Area, stretches of coastline important to penguins and Westland petrels, three marine reserves, and three of NZ’s eleven designated wilderness areas.
Because we are spread over a large area, we don’t have the chance to get together very often. Instead, we communicate via email. We hold a quarterly committee meeting, and annual AGM and organise occasional public meetings with guest speakers. Feel free to contact us if you would like to join or learn more.
- Come along to one of our public meetings with a shared lunch and guest speaker.
- Join our predator control volunteers at Rainy Creek, Reefton.
- Contact Clare Backes: Phone (03) 7558697
- We have a small KCC group but hope to get more young members involved. Sign up at www.kcc.org.nzor email us for info on upcoming events.
- We also encourage members to get involved with local issues and we send email notification when submissions and events are taking place.