The North Shore branch covers the area from the Harbour Bridge north to Albany and west to Upper Harbour, an area of sandy beaches, inner harbour tidal mudflats, and patches of regenerating bush.
What we do
Forest & Bird North Shore branch has always been more than just a hands-on conservation group. Perhaps because we live in New Zealand's largest city, we have been strong advocates for the natural environment in the face of declining natural resources. Currently, there is a lot of talk about the importance of nature and investing in a sustainable world, but little action to prepare us for an uncertain future. We need to promote a change to a mindset that puts nature to the forefront of economic decision-making.
We have meetings on the first Monday of every month, except January. For details click below.
We need more advocates to work with us to be a voice for nature. Contact us here if you’d like to help.
- Revegetation projects – Tuff Crater, Woodside Road
- Protecting our environment – Shoal Bay, Okura/Long Bay
- Raising awareness of pest plants – download a copy of our Weed Guide here
- Forest & Bird Youth
- KCC – Kiwi Conservation Club for younger members
- Representation on other local environmental organisations, including:
We send out an email newsletter with information on advocacy and events that affect our branch. Click here to sign up.
May 2021 Newsletter - Click here to view online
June 2021 Newsletter - Click here to view online